With more time spend at home enjoying the outdoors, it’s a great opportunity to enter the annual DJ Stringer Community Garden Competition – open to all Southern Gold Coast and Northern Rivers residents.
Simply email your entry together with up to 12 images and tell us in a few words a little what you love about your garden or special place.
(Due to Covid restrictions all entries will be considered & judged online)
Fabulous prizes awarded for each category, as well as all participants will go into the draw for a $500 Bunnings Gift Card
THE CATEGORIES ARE AS FOLLOWS (YOU CAN ENTER IN UP TO 3 CATEGORIES) Entries - now open & close 1ST of October 2021
1) SMALL SPACE GARDEN – BALCONY, COURTYARD/PATIO
For gardens with balconies , courtyards or patios.
2) GENERAL SIZED GARDEN
All general gardens up to 1000 m2 of land space.
3) LARGE GARDENS & ACREAGE
Gardens larger than 1000 m2 of land space.
4) EDIBLE GARDEN & VEGIE PATCH
Edible gardens including vegie patches.
5) SUSTAINABLE GARDEN Sustainable Gardens/Eco friendly and the use of natural/organic products – no size limit.
6) PRETTY GARDEN We’re looking for pretty flowering gardens in this category big or small.
7) COMICAL OR QUIRKY GARDEN For that garden that oozes personality & or charm in any shape or form, big or small.
8) SCHOOL GARDEN Edible, sustainable, flowering , students gardens & or just beautifully maintained grounds.
9) BEST WATER FEATURE Special fish pond & or general water feature of any size.
10) BEST MAN CAVE Can be attached or unattached to home, sports bar area / billiard room or workshop but it must represent its owners personality.
11) BEST TENANTS GARDEN Tenants must have been renting the home & maintained all gardens for in excess of 12 months.
12) BEST COMMUNITY GARDEN Community garden with various participant gardeners.